More and more manufacturers are implementing a wide range of safety and driver-assistance features that can help add an extra set of eyes on the road when driving. The goal at BMW is to keep the driver and passengers safe, so it has integrated several popular and innovative driver assistance features that can give you an extra sense of confidence.
BMW Standard and Available Safety Features
Every year, BMW focuses on providing its drivers with state-of-the-art safety features that will allow you to drive with peace of mind. These standard and available safety features do not replace the driver's task of driving; however, it does provide some reassurance when driving that your vehicle may be able to detect a potential collision and alert you to take action. There are several standard and available safety and driver-assistance features available, but the most common features include:
- Hill Start Assist – If you are traveling uphill and find yourself stopped, this feature will secure the rear axle, preventing the vehicle from rolling back. This feature can be highly beneficial if you drive a manual vehicle.
- Road Sign Recognition – This feature will use a small camera to scan the road and the surroundings, and if a road sign is detected, it will display the corresponding image directly on the screen. This feature can detect signs like speed limit, wrong way, and do not enter.
- Emergency Brake Assist – Your vehicle uses sensors to monitor the area around your vehicle, and if a potential collision is detected, then an audible and visual warning will sound, and the emergency brakes will automatically be applied.
- Lane Guidance Assist – When you’re traveling, your vehicle will detect the lane markings and then provide steering assist to keep your vehicle within the boundaries of the lane.
- Cruise Control – This feature allows you to select a desired speed, and the vehicle can maintain the speed and adjust when necessary.
- Distance Control – The vehicle can monitor the surroundings when cruise control is activated. If it detects a vehicle ahead, it will adjust the speed by reducing power to the engine and applying the brakes.
- Speed Limit Assist – This feature places all the information about the speed limit in one area so you can easily locate it when you’re driving.
- Lane Change Assist – This feature can help you safely execute a lane change by monitoring the vehicle's blind spot and will alert the driver if another vehicle is detected in the blind spot. A visual warning is displayed on the side mirrors, and the vehicle will also vibrate the steering wheel to alert the driver.
- Parking Assist – With the parking assist feature, you can confidently maneuver into tight parking spaces.
Have Peace Of Mind with BMW Safety Features
When you’re ready to learn more about the standard and available safety features that can be found on a BMW vehicle, then come see us at Motorwerks BMW, and our team will walk you through all the available safety features. Our dealership is located at 1300 American Boulevard West, Bloomington, MN, 55420. We look forward to your visit.